- So...Found out why i was not offered admission...
- March 24th, 2008
I won't copy paste the letter here...but i got in contact with the DGS at one school...and was told:
1. they only recieved 1 of the 3 LORs ( long story on this, but they were sent, and lost in the offices, had to be--because I checked on it, a prof called the school, sent it twice)
2. they considered my writing sample weak, it was an excerpt from a larger research paper...and I sent the entire 146 page piece for consideration, which the DGS considered very very strong, and convinced him, but unfortunately was too late to convince the other members of the committee who made their decisions based on the first sample sent in.
Otherwise, they thought my academic record, AS and PS were stellar, as well as my GREs...were prepared to offer me a generous package for fin aid...etc...
but i am absolutely crushed. I got no other offers this year. The DGS strongly recommended that I reapply next year, but I feel like I should email and enquire about:
1. which recs were not recieved?
2. inform him that these were sent multiple times and I have correspondence with the secretary saying they had recieved them!
but i'm too emotional right now to put any of this into words or think about it seriously. just you know curse a hell of alot.
This whole time, I thought it was because I was some terrible student that no one would ever want, and I find out this is why I wasn't accepted? I guess I can count it as a blessing but man does it leave a bitter taste in my mouth!